Pages

January 9, 2010

Ottawa Chinese Cooking Studio

If you are in the Ottawa area, you need to go to the website right now and sign up for the next class at the Ottawa Chinese Cooking Studio!

My sister and I had the pleasure of attending the "Delicious Noodles Made Easy" class last night where we learned to make four authentic Chinese noodle dishes. We were greeted at the door where the chef's husband took our coats and led us to the dinner table where the chef, Nancy, was waiting with a pot of hot green tea; she was so nice and a lot of fun!

Over the course of 3 hours, Chef Nancy taught the group to make Cantonese Fried Crispy Noodles with Chicken, Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Pork, Noodle Cake with Beef and Spicy Sauce, and Bean Thread Noodles and Vegetable Salad. We shared the chopping, mixing, and stir-frying duties and then enjoyed the dishes that we made together. I'm fairly shy so this was a nice change. Nancy also had containers for us to bring home the leftovers (and there was a lot!) so my Chinese food-loving hubby got a taste, too!

The Cantonese Fried Crispy Noodles with Chicken was fantastic! It was very different than any stir-fry I've ever made. The crsispy noodles gave such a nice texture to the dish. And the noodles that had been softened by the sauce really balanced it out. This was my favourite of the 3 stir-fry dishes.

The Bean Thread Noodles and Vegetable Salad was like nothing I've ever had before. It was a little spicy for my taste as the rest of the group loved spicy food and I don't, but I didn't mind it like I normally would. It was so spicy that it made our lips tingle...in a good way. Oddly, this was my favorite dish!

This class was $45/person and well worth it! We can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it? let me know!