Pages

September 15, 2010

Guess what I got?

A bread machine! I've been baking homemade bread pretty much twice a day since I got it. Hubby and I have definitely been getting our daily recommended serving of carbs.

This is the first time in my life that I've consistently used recipes - I am sooooo not a recipe-follower lol - but since I'm not familiar with using a bread machine I've been forced to stick pretty close to the original recipe.

I've been using this recipe and changing it up just a little bit every day (or twice a day...sorry, skinny jeans) to perfect the base recipe to suit our taste. Well, I finally perfected it last night so today I felt adventurous enough to doctor up a bread machine recipe and it turned out so well!

Here's my version of "Inside-Out" Garlic Bread:

1 cup water (100-110°F)
2 Tbsp sugar
1 .25 oz package (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 cups white bread flour
1.5 tsp salt
3 Tbsp mixed Italian spices
1 Tbsp garlic powder (this might be too garlicky for some, so you can cut it in half)

Place the water, sugar, and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes.

Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start. Check the dough after the first kneading cycle to ensure it is not too dry/wet and add water/flour (a tsp or so at a time) if needed.

That's it! :) Let it do it's magic and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it? let me know!